Wednesday, August 19, 2009

ANGRY POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I QUIT MY FIRST JOB IN AUSTRALIA just 2 hours ago.

I have a trillion reason to do so.... unable to disclose my employer though for confidentiality purposes. I don't wanna get sued....

Anyway, most of u would already know that I was hired and suppose to start my training soon. So this was what happened on this very fine Wednesday ... I woke up in good mood btw but currently feeling really angry and geram....

So I was having my 2.15pm QM2 lecture as usual when a call came in at 2.50pm from my manager. He request that I come in at 3pm for training .... Problem is????

U DO NOT NOTIFY A PERSON THAT THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO COME IN FOR WORK 10 MINS BEFORE THAT !!!!!

Ok fine, that one I shall forgive him. So orang ini ran from Asia Centre to my home to change into black jeans and t-shirt.

Arriving at the place, I told the manager that there has been a change in my timetable. He said that the change won't work for him. So I said then if it's not fine with u, u can always hire someone else. He said ok then thats' fine and I was told to fill up some forms etc and read the House Rules (Dress code, conduct etc) ... After filling up, manager asked me to go home and change into black pants and rubber shoes...

Being the honest me, I told him "I DON"T HAVE those stuff." How was I suppose to know that the dress code was like that when he just gave me the House Rules book to read?

Guess what he said to me after that? He said: U don't look like ur interested and comfortable with this job. " And upon seeing my application form, he noticed a change in my address and said: "U even gave me the wrong address. I thought that u live just around the corner."

I am trying my best to hold back my anger at this point....

So I kindly said that I am shifting to Royal Parade. And it was stated in my resume that I live in NORTH MELBOURNE !!!! Since when was that around the corner of Bourke - Exhibition? It freaking took me 30 mins to get there.

Apparently he has a bad sense of direction and wanted to argue with me on this issue stating that: "yeah, North Melbourne is just around the corner. " He even pointed in the wrong direction.

At this point, I was already boiling over with anger.... So I said: No! North Melbourne is straight upwards." Unable to contain my anger anymore, I said that I will only give him trouble (I was being humble ok?) and said I think he should look for someone else.

He was obviously pissed off and said fine. I also said fine and walked out of the shop.

END OF MY DRAMATIC STORY.....

Even though I feel less tense right now, I can't help feeling disheartened and also a pang of sadness somewhere deep inside me. I know it's for the best but u gotta admit I did put a lot of hope in this job but who knew it would turn out like that eventually.

According to Hui Zheng, skipping lectures truly is not what I would normally do and she is right. Thanks girl for knocking some sense into my head. I totally forgot what is important to me. Money is not my main priority but my studies !!! How did that slip my mind so easily???

I know I can be irrational and compulsive at times which made me wonder whether I've made the right decision. I acted according to my instinct in this case when I told the manager that he should look for someone else. Right move? Silly move? Up to u to judge but thats' my true nature. If I think that I am being ridiculed, I will retaliate.

I shall march forward and concentrate on my studies from now on. I will still job hunt but without compromising my studies and continue to hold on tightly to the promise I made to my dad. No emo-ness please?

My promise : No matter what happens, I will always put my studies first.

P/S Many thanks to my listeners / those who supported my decision and comforted me. It was because of u guys I got over this faster than expected.

No comments: