Thursday, June 11, 2009

Categories of Friends

I know I should be studying for my exam but that's the whole reason why I am blogging. I just realized that I can actually put my existing friends into 3 different categories and note: This was brought to my attention during exam period !!!!

1) The first category :
  • What I would regard as the friends that I am really lucky to have :)
  • They are the ones who are there when u need them, never fail to ask u whats wrong when u are down, always keep in touch with u regardless of the circumstances. By that I mean whether I am back in KL or in Melbourne itself. They are the first to appear when u need help.
  • U guys know who you are :) 2 in Melbourne, 1 in s'pore (+ my cousin), and probably a few in KL (definitely one - my bestie, the others will appear randomly)
2) The second category:
  • The ok ok category.
  • The ones whom I do keep in touch once in a while. And yeah they do help me when I ask for help. We help each other and sit together during lectures but that's about it. Nothing more nothing less. And they do acknowledge my help in the form of actions.
3) The third category:
  • The benefits of having them as your friend < The costs of having them as your friend
  • By that I literally mean, seldom talk/ acknowledge each other, we only "bond" during periods when they are in trouble and I have all the resources they need, I am the one they rant to when the whole world turn their back against them, not bothered to ask why I am down or upset, extorts from me and always fail to acknowledge my contribution. Mind u, the thank you is always there but they are merely words not actions. Actions speak louder than words. Plus, they are the first to appear when I have something they need.

No comments: