Sunday, April 25, 2010

Anzac weekend

I've clearly been having way too much fun the past 2 days by spending some quality time in the suburbs.
I decided to take the trouble to travel all the way to Clayton two days in a row to visit some friends and hang out for a bit. It was pretty much 11am - 7pm on both days but still fun despite having to wait painfully for the buses to arrive (I had to change buses a few times and they took about 20 mins to arrive a few times with the added horrible driving skills to make up for it) ...?

We spent some time shopping at Chaddie on sat after i dropped off these stuff at Clayton for the M2 gang
Blondies(this was a hit btw)
Italian cheesecake (had mixed reaction to this)
before joining Michelle and Chengsu in their mini shopping trip to Chaddie. May Jin came along too :) I have this odd habit of bringing desserts everytime I pay them a visit. We shopped for a bit and I ended up buying two pairs of flats which cost me $70. Not proud of that ....

On sunday itself, we traveled to Glen Waverley for brunch which was obviously
before heading to Clayton to see Michelle's place and stayed around for a bit at her place and also another friend's place before leaving for the city. Plus we met another classmate on the way back to the bus stop. Exchanged numbers and hopefully arrange a gathering soon!

That pretty much sums up my weekend with the additional unplanned invitation to join some friends in their trip to Gold Coast which I might eventually turn down since I know I can't afford it. Money doesn't exactly grow on trees nor do they actually fall off the sky.

I would rather let my dad or brother have that sum of money than to use it for my own benefit. Being labeled as the mummy of the class is obviously not something they randomly came up with judging from how i react to certain situations. I do admit that I have that side to me but that is what u would expect from someone like me.
Given a situation where I would have to buy a really nice shirt and having to decide between a t-shirt for myself or t-shirt for my dad/ bro, my prominent decision would be the t-shirt for my dad/bro. That's what I've been accustomed to do.

But I will proudly tell the world about the bond me and my ding-dong brother share. It's one that u wouldn't come across really often.
From what I learnt from my friends, they are indeed close to their siblings but there is always that fine line that separates certain aspect or issue that is out of their comfort zone. It's that kind of bond u share with your parents mixed with some sisterly/ brotherly love. U are staring straight at someone who does the following:
  • teaches her bro add maths, mod maths and at times chemistry(it's pretty much everything at times) . If not, i'll be holding a sejarah book. At most, holding a paintbrush when he was in form 3 and doing his artwork for him until 2 am when i have to work the next day.
  • my brother's personal fashion consultant. I decide what he wears and the fashion statement he makes. I always have a say in whatever he buys. Most of the time, even if he thinks it's really nice but yet i think otherwise, 90% of the time he won't get it in the end. If i think something looks nice on him but yet he thinks it's not worth the effort, 80% of the time I am right and he'll get it eventually and wear it SUPER often because it does look good on him.
  • I am the only one he is comfortable with when it relates to sensitive areas of his body. Let me put that down in greater detail to avoid any misinterpretation. He once had an infection on his upper back thigh and required special medical care. I had to be the one to apply the medicine and everyone else were off limits.
  • We do sleep on the same bed occasionally and it's perfectly normal. Though I really hate it because that dude can't stay still at all.
  • I know 90% of his secrets and mind u again, I even help him do facial treatment once in a while. So no hush hush in between.
  • Whenever I am back, he spends about 1 -2 hours in my room every night just lazing around on my bed whenever he is bored just to annoy me. And most of the time, he'll end up sleeping on bed and I won't have the heart to wake him up.
  • At one point, I was so disappointed in him and we both cried together the whole night ( me from the disappointment and he from the guilt)
  • I have my way with him. He gets really worked up whenever I am pissed off with him and frantically tries to tone down my anger.
  • I am also his part time cook btw. My job is mainly the preparation of late night supper. My bro refuse to cook supper for himself as he finds it too tedious and he'll automatically barge into my room to announce that he is hungry and ask me to cook for him. Sister Sim here will then proceed to the kitchen.
  • How do u all actually wake ur siblings up? Is it by sitting on them? Well... that's my method of doing things and trust me when i say it works.
He turns to me for advice on anything from relationship to hairstyle to what he should wear for an outing to random nonsense. So the closeness stems from my authoritativeness mixed with a hint of sibling relationship.

The end....

No comments: