Friday, July 23, 2010

Filial

I think I just had the most meaningful and much needed talk with a close friend while on the train back from Clayton

You know how at times your action or decision may seem all so irrational to some no matter how hard you try to convey the true meaning behind it?

Well then, let me gladly tell u now that I finally found someone I can relate to...

Some hints as to what kind of issues are of a concern to me and were discussed on the train but yet regarded as a joke to some:

  • my decision to either return home or perhaps s'pore instead of the standard response u get nowadays "I plan to apply for PR and work here blah blah blah..."
  • My dad - the sole breadwinner in my family
  • How I despise assignment due dates not because of the stress I go through to try and complete it but more of the people I need to deal with in the process.
The first two are interrelated and I really hate this question:" So what do u plan to do after this? Work in Aus?"
Let me just say this once and for all - I am a filial child that will always put my family first in any given situation. I know better than anyone else how much my dad actually went through for the both of us to be so selfish and greedy.

Just because I have the opportunity to actually live a better life and earn more money, does that mean I have the right to leave my family in KL while I lead a better lifestyle here?

Why don't you tell me the answer to that?