Monday, March 22, 2010

With love

The card finally arrived from KL!

Plus some panjang lebar story hidden inside to which I almost cried while reading it (the emotional me)
the gift before I left KL

Many thanks to all my beloved friends/ hsmates for making this a memorable and BUSY bday indeed!
(PH, Yilee, Kerry, Chengsu, Suzy, Sara, Audrey, Hui Zheng, Clayton fellas and those back home + in Melb)

hahaha! I was never this busy for my bday !
Thanks for the wonderful and pretty gifts. They were really spot on gifts which I really needed and for some cases badly needed. BUT some of them were too EXPENSIVE ! (*stares at both her hsmates*)

Spot on Examples:
  • The lotion and body butter. My skin was on the verge of going all wrinkly from dehydration but not anymore.
  • The gift card was for my liquid eyeliner which I've been wanting to get but got delayed due to my ongoing financial crisis.
  • The jacket which I was also eyeing but knowing me, I usually don't get the stuff I want anyway (probably 90% of the time) because I am too budget-conscious ?
  • The notebook to jot down all my agenda since I am getting OLD and forgetful?
  • The cakes which were highly unnecessary but some found it highly necessary since they claim I shrink everytime they see me and I should really put on some weight before i completely dissappear.
Although I might not seem super happy or overly excited or look grateful at any point in time but I am really honestly grateful! The egoistic me rarely show my emotions to those around me but I do express it indirectly in my own way :) (Hint: what's my hobby?) XD This is the way I chose to express my gratitude and the BEST way too, I think.

In some cases though, this "activity" might not apply but I have my way of expressing myself :)

On Sunday, Dad asked me how was my bday celebration and all i could say was "fun!". I couldn't really explain how I celebrated my 21st bday since there was a high possibility that I might break down in tears when he asked so sweetly "How was it?" . However, I did remember to thank them for the diamond ring they gave me to which he replied: " You are very much welcome!" I was already in tears at this point. I really miss HOME!

Homesick + happiness + joy + sadness = ???

No comments: