Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feeling slightly better after talking to my dad about it... Even though his tone was solemn and sounded serious but it was the voice that I needed to hear.

For those who don't know, I was planning to quit my job today and I did eventually as my boss gave me some time to think about it. The combination of overworking and underpaying ends today. I will no longer be exploited.

Dad said to me when I told him :" Who gave u permission to work? Your exam is in November. Don't work. " and when I told him I was having a hard time at work, he said:" then why work? Nobody asked u to work. No point working if u're being exploited. "

and naturally after hearing those words, I cried. Both tears of sadness and happiness. The frustration and suffering I endured for the past few weeks finally comes to an end.

No comments: