Sunday, April 19, 2009

Home....

Seeing my housemate and her sister chatting, arguing over little stuff and joking around kinda triggered a minor homesick-ness in me.

I kinda missed that part and my ego wouldn't allow me to openly admit what I miss the most. Even though I would say my situation this year is tad better than last year, I still miss home once in a while; less than before though.

I know I haven't suffered from major homesick attack like last year whereby I cried non-stop for one whole week and ate nothing but koko crunch or is it coco crunch the whole week? Talk about being independent and my eagerness to leave home with any given opportunity. However, if u ask me whether I would do the exact same thing given another chance, my answer would be yes, I would. The reason being that I have grown to be more mature and independent, finally discovered the beauty and art of cooking, and grown to appreciate what I have taken for granted the past few years.

Here are some of my creation:


But like I said, this year was a major change as I have a new housemate and she is mostly around so I feel less lonely and the situation whereby I don't talk to anyone, and I mean literally opening my mouth to talk not msn or email etc for one whole week wouldn't happen again. And obviously I am also less susceptible to emotional eating during winter now.

Btw, my housemates dad is here in Melbourne as well. And he is bringing all of us out for dinner again tonight(he brought us out last year too when he came to Melbourne with Mooncakes).

No comments: