Thursday, April 10, 2008

Melbourne

Been a while since i posted my last blog up. I had some problem with my account but now it's fine.

I still can't believe that I am actually in Melbourne and gonna be here for the next 3 years or so. At first, I was so excited and can't wait to come here but I was so wrong. From homesick to emo and depression, nothing i can say is exactly what i expected my life here would be. I remembered so clearly the first day i arrived here or should i say first week, I experienced bad homesick and i mean really BAD... not eating and crying all the time.

Although the second week was much better maybe due to the fact that it was orientation week and i was hardly home. But to be honest, I really wanna go home. Near my family and friends is where i really wanna be even though it is those ppl that are capable of hurting me the most. Furthermore, I HATE cleaning, cooking, washing up, and just basically having to do everything myself is just hard. I also hate buying groceries because they are so heavy and i always end up physically hurting myself. Just last week, i hurt my back and shoulder from carrying 4kg of rice, 2kg of cereal, 2 kg of pasta and so many other junks all home by myself. I was so upset and sad after reaching home as my body really hurts and it's really tiring and "sanfu" especially when i have to do it all alone.

I really miss my family and friends back home. I miss having ppl take care of me although it comes together with the nagging and lecturing. I miss smsing my friends everytime i am bored- the sms here cost $0.25=Rm0.75. I miss my msian food- roti canai, nasi lemak, chicken rice, rojak, teh tarik, char keoy teow, wanton mee, prawn mee, curry laksa, tomyam, kampung fried rice etc. The list can just go on so i better just stop. And here comes the worst part, when i am
SICK!!! No doctors, no porridge, no one asking u how are u? feeling better? u want fish ball soup or porridge??? NO! NO! NO! I had to take panadol and sleep my sickness of and cook my own food and clean even though i feel so sucky. No one asking me "u ok? wanna see doctor? go sleep la... i will ask aunty lita to cook porridge for u. "

I really wish i can go home every 6 months. Unfortunately, due to the extremely high cost of a plane ticket, I can only afford to go back once a year which is only in dec. I really dunno how am i gonna take it... I am trying very hard to stay strong but once in a while i'll break down in tears and cry my heart out everytime i miss my family or get all worried when they don't skype me or when anyone is sick back home. I really hope i can hang on for the next three years or so before i go back home... GAMBATTE !!!

2 comments:

eve said...

Lol. Why so fast homesick la?? Isn't Melbourne fun? But seriously I'm starting to get bored of Sydney too~.haha
The way you talk about cooking,cleaning,washing sounds scary! I'm lucky to stay in residential college =)for the time being, it's fun..
But press on! You deserve the chance to be in Melbourne! I'm sure something interesting will come up pretty soon =)

DONT WORRY, BE HAPPY~~~

JY said...

interesting like wat? gah super boringnya... so dead man at night... and i hate being away from my family